We invite you to join the Mastermind Consulting team as our Social Media Manager!
We’re a small and nimble consulting team made up of senior marketing professionals with a like-minded vision. We work with some amazing clients in the food, wine and lifestyle industries, and focus on marketing strategy, content creation, digital and social media.
The big difference is that we’re all very hands on. Given we’re a small team, we get highly involved in our client’s campaigns, and there’s a holistic approach to marketing that means we’re always looking at the big picture and having to look at a range of social media and digital touch points to drive solutions. Digital, social, content and direct marketing are not seen in isolation.
The breadth of projects that we work on for our clients’ means that there’s great diversity at any given time. There’s always something new to learn, and a willingness from clients to implement strategic ideas across digital, social media and content marketing projects.
We’re looking for a like-minded social media manager to support our clients’ social media presence, strategically amplify their content through paid advertising and implement campaigns and then report on learnings and results, based in our Rozelle office. This is a hands on, analytical role where you can utilize your experience across social media in a very practical setting.
The role would ideally suit someone who has come from an agency background, or who has extensive experience in roles like Social Media Strategist or Social Media Manager. Experience working with food and/ or wine brands would be highly advantageous.
Our Ideal Team Member Will:
- Devise social media plans and strategies to help tell brand stories and connect directly with consumers in relevant social media environments.
- Manage client social media campaigns – strategic campaign recommendations, campaign activation, ongoing optimization and analysis.
- Audit existing client social media performance to make strategic recommendations to improve.
- Schedule monthly social media content
- Implement and manage paid social media advertising campaigns across various social media platforms with a focus on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram.
- Helping clients with content and social media planning and training as needed
- Provide monthly campaign related social media reporting and analysis
- Create, manage and grow brands social, presences and online properties. (Including some community management). Developing tone of voice, acquiring a deep understanding of the strategy and ensuring its execution.
- Help identify social media influencers and conduct relevant outreach to engage in campaigns where relevant.
- Social listening: research and analytics, data mining to draw insights, product associations, competitor landscape, plus target audience analysis and identification.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies, including researching and evaluating a variety of online social media tools to identify new opportunities.
- Assist in the development of training materials for client social media and content marketing workshops.
- At least three-five years’ marketing experience with three years’ recent experience in the social media environment.
- Proven success in a client facing role within an agency (preferred).
- Proven Paid Social skill set, must be able to grow audiences and optimize Paid campaigns on social channels.
- Understanding of and experience with core social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube etc.
- Experience using Facebook Audience Insights, Ads Manager & Power Editor/ Creator Studio.
- Experience & familiarity with global social management & content creation tools.
- Knowledge of key social monitoring tools
- A strong customer service orientation and the ability to form long-term customer relationships.
- Strategic thinker with strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Results and performance focused with strong analytical/numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines concurrently with flexibility to change plans quickly.
- Ability to identify proactive opportunities to enhance our client’s businesses and keep up-to-date with the latest social strategies and trends.
- Commitment to being part of a team
We are open to this role being part time (4 days per week) or school hours over 5 days if that appeals to the right candidate. The role is very much intended to be based in the Rozelle office given the small nature of the team. Open to start date being January 2021, although we are keen to fill this role quickly.
Sound like a team you’d like to join?
It’s a special place – we’ve just been named as a finalist in the Australian Women in Wine Awards for Marketer or the Year along with being a finalist for Wine Communicators of Australia Digital Marketer of the Year. On top of this our client Nerada Tea has been named as a finalist in the My Business Awards, Best social media strategy for the work we deliver for them. Some exciting times ahead with lots to celebrate for our team.
Please apply with both a cover letter and resumé with links or examples to any social media assets you are currently managing to email@example.com. Note applications who apply through this channel will be reviewed first.
We hope you may be the new member of our work family.
Trish Barry and the Mastermind team
NOTE: Australian candidates only who have necessary qualifications to work in Australia – no agencies please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.