Dear Potential Team Member,
Love food and wine and want to make a real difference to help brands accelerate their digital presence and sales? This could well be your dream job! We are on the hunt for a Part Time Digital Experience Manager to join our extended family at Mastermind Consulting, based in our Rozelle office.
This is a hands on role where you can utilise your broad digital marketing skills in a very practical setting to deliver results for our food and wine clients, ultimately helping them sell more online. You’ll work on multiple clients simultaneously, where your skills will be essential to telling their stories (often with small budgets given the agricultural nature of many of our clients). It is critical that you understand through-the-line digital strategies, email marketing and how to drive consumers successfully through the conversion funnel.
So who are we looking for?
This is not just any role – you’ll need to be open to multi-task, project manage and keep up to date with emerging digital trends. You will take ownership of the digital journeys for our clients, putting in place infrastructure across multiple touch points to help drive online sales.
This is a hands on role, with lots of scope to make a difference by getting involved in clients’ projects. Your role will focus on these key areas:
- Lead, facilitate and manage the formulation of digital campaigns to deliver on clients’ objectives and revenue targets.
- Update client websites and help with problem solving on their propriety wine specific platforms
- Implement digital marketing campaigns including manage SEO/Google Adwords and re-targeting campaigns
- Audit website performance and suggest enhancements to the digital footprints of existing brands
- Development of client EDM content schedules and ownership of monthly reporting
- Implement email automation workflows/ sequences
- Drive and manage email testing roadmap as well as email process, including content, messaging, and segmentation
Performance Reporting/ Google Suite
- Set up performance metrics, track and review all digital and direct marketing campaigns to ensure delivery of ROI and help to identify trends that can inform clients decision making.
- Implement performance tracking, conversion optimisation and reporting on clients’ websites through Google Analytics goals and conversion metrics
- Ongoing conversion rate optimisation and landing page management through research, planning and tagging and implementation.
- Media buying for digital marketing campaigns – liaising directly with the publishers to strategically book media for digital activations.
- Being across updates to platforms – articulating the impact to the team and clients in actionable insights
- Potentially assist social media manager with some paid social amplification
The ideal person will have:
- Extensive experience working in ecommerce environment to help drive website sales.
- Understanding of UX/ UI to help drive better online experiences including how to do some online testing and performance optimisation
- Good understanding of email marketing – how to leverage customer automation, best practice email marketing skills using Mailchimp/ Campaign Monitor or similar platform
- Ability to add basic code to websites – e.g. adding in pixels via Google Tag Manager
- Strong understanding of google products – Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Suite
- Strong organisational, communication and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- The ability to take direction and work independently.
- Great interpersonal skills, with an ability to work effectively in a small team environment.
- Coding skills and basic HTML would be preferable (not mandatory)
This role will work closely with the Social Media manager to ensure a coherent digital strategy is in place for clients across multiple touch points. Paid social and content planning is the responsibility of other members of the Mastermind team.
This is preferably a 3-4 day a week role, based in our Rozelle office. We are also open to shorter hours over the five day working week if it suits the right candidate. Please note your preferred hours and days as part of your application.
About our Team – Trish’s vision
I have built Mastermind Consulting over the last thirteen years quite differently to the high profile corporate roles that I held previously. I wanted to build a company where we are a genuine marketing partner for brands, and with a culture that attracts people who want to be hands on and really make a difference to our clients’ marketing campaigns. They are small businesses that we work with, and I’m incredibly proud that we offer a real partnership to our clients.
It’s an exciting time to join the team. This is a true partnership where we help with everything from website launches, email campaigns, website optimization, paid advertising and audits. In 2020 we were awarded WCA Digital Communicator of the Year and Wine Communicator of the Year, and we need something on board to help drive this growth even further in 2021.
We’re a small and nimble consulting team made up of senior marketing professionals with a like-minded vision. We are ambitious, but understand that some days we need to pick up sick children, attend family functions or balance post-graduate study. We work with some amazing clients in the food, wine and lifestyle industries, and focus on marketing strategy, content creation, digital and social media.
The big difference is that we’re all very hands on. Given we’re a small team, we get highly involved in our client’s campaigns, and there’s a holistic approach to marketing that means we’re always looking at the big picture and having to look at a range of social media and digital touch points to drive solutions. Digital, social, content and direct marketing are not seen in isolation.
The breadth of projects that we work on for our clients means that there’s great diversity at any given time. There’s always something new to learn, and a willingness from clients to implement strategic ideas across digital, social media and content marketing projects.
We’re proud to be named as a finalist in Diversity of Equality and Change in the 2019 Australian Women in Wine Awards and our fearless leader Trish was the winner of 2020 Digital Wine Communicator in the Wine Communicators of Australia award along with Wine Communicator of the Year. She was also the winner of 2020 Australian Women in Wine, Marketer of the Year and a finalist for the 2020 My Business Awards Social Media Strategy of the Year for the work we did for Nerada Tea. You could say we live and breathe digital marketing.
Sound like a team you’d like to join?
Please send through your CV or video submission outlining why you’d be the perfect fit for our team, your anticipated salary range, when you would be available to commence and link to any portfolio work to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you may be the new member of our work family.
Trish Barry and the Mastermind team.