Dear Talented Wordsmith,
COVID’s thrown us all hurdles, and for the Mastermind team finding a unicorn who can convey the stories for our clients in a digital format has been one of our biggest challenges. You see we’re not just looking for anyone to join our small work family – you have to have a love of wine, and the ability to communicate the stories authentically online, especially via email marketing. Our clients rely on our skills more than ever, so we need someone who can craft a tale with a compelling call to action!
We’re not looking for someone who’s a freelancer who just wants to supplement your income, we want a professional writer (preferably with wine or food experience) who buys into our vision and wants to join the team to tell our client’s stories. We work with small brands, often agricultural entities who need their stories told and budgets are often tight (especially at the moment post COVID) – but there’s a real sense of pride being the mouthpiece for a brand to tell their story. It’s what sets us apart. This person will understand the digital ecosystem with a passion for writing engaging and results oriented copy.
You write social posts and email copy in your sleep. Your words can be serious and worthy as well as light-hearted, witty and humorous. You’ll have a passion for the English language – you understand the nuances of tone, syntax, crafting strong calls to action and you’ll be skilled at thinking through how to convey the message in a digital marketing environment. Ideally you’ll know the difference between a Shiraz and a Sauvignon Blanc (and enjoy hearing the winemakers tell their take on their unique regional styles).
This is a very much a hands-on role, in which you can utilise your craft of the written word in a very practical setting to deliver marketing stories in a way that drives results.
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER WILL:
- Have a strong understanding and experience in writing digital marketing copy, especially driving results via email.
- Deliver digital copy with creative flair, calls to action and that will capture attention
- Have a strong understanding of search engine optimisation principles, with the ability to write website/online copy to help drive website search results.
- Be able to manipulate and massage copy in different tones of voice, for various channels and scenarios, helping to convey individual brand stories
- Write client email copy, delivering short, punchy and on-brand messaging
- Develop, plan and write social media copy for content calendars
- Have a thorough command of the English language, with strong attention to detail and a sound knowledge of grammar, punctuation and communications principles (you shudder to see “your” used when it should be “you’re”)
- Repurpose content to ensure its appropriateness across different channels while maintaining the consistent communication of key messages
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with flexibility to change plans quickly
- Ability to identify proactive opportunities to enhance our clients’ businesses and keep up-to-date with the latest social strategies and trends
- A solid customer service orientation and the ability to form strong client relationships
A passion for wine and food brands is especially favourable, as we essentially have the privilege of conveying our clients’ stories online and it’s the people that often make this content spring to life.
This is ideally a full time role based in our Rozelle office (some work from home options available) but the need for face to face (socially distanced of course!) is important. We’re open to how the work could work flexibly and are well recognized for our unique work culture in making part time roles work if this is a deal breaker for you.
Sound like you?
Please apply by sending a cover letter and your CV with links of previous writing experience, expectations of your salary range to email@example.com. Yes, this is critical in how we’re evaluating candidates so if you’re serious about joining the Mastermind family as a writer, we want to hear your story.
Trish Barry and the Mastermind team
NOTE – NO Recruiters please.