Dear Potential Team Member,
We are on the hunt for a junior digital designer to join our extended family at Mastermind Consulting, based in our Rozelle office. Someone with creative flair who is wanting to utilise their digital/ design expertise to bring clients’ stories to life online. It’s a fast paced environment, where we help convey stories and sell products directly to the end consumer, with a focus on email marketing and social media design.
We work with small brands, many whom are agricultural entities who need their stories told and budgets are often tight. This person will understand the digital ecosystem with a passion for developing a strong visual identity for the brands in our Mastermind family. Mentored by senior staff members, you’ll be mostly responsible for the design of email communications, along with supporting social media content creation. There’s a real variety to the role and an opportunity to continue to learn, refine, and add to your skills.
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate will have:
- design and media background, or brand marketing background with strong design and creative skills
- proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and firm grasp of web design methods and techniques
- effective and clear written communication skills to liaise with key clients and various partners and suppliers
- strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage project timelines, multiple priorities and work independently
- attention to detail and initiative
- at least one to two years’ experience working in a creative, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- an ability to think strategically, who can take direction and work autonomously
A formal qualification in Bachelor of Visual Communications or Graphic Design would be an advantage.
The following skills or attributes will play favourably in the application:
- Experience using email platforms such as Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, etc
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of assets turned around at speed
- Strong conceptual and art direction ability
- Strong skills within the Adobe Creative Suite
- A feel for design aesthetic making sure there’s consistency across clients – knowledge of design principles is important.
- Open to part-time for the right candidate
About our Team – Trish’s vision
I have built Mastermind Consulting over the last twelve years quite differently to the high profile corporate roles that I held previously. I wanted to build a company where we are a genuine marketing partner for brands, and with a culture that attracts people who want to be hands on and really make a difference to our clients’ marketing campaigns. They are small businesses that we work with, and I’m incredibly proud that we offer a real partnership to our clients.
We’re a small and nimble consulting team made up of senior marketing professionals with a like-minded vision. We are ambitious, but understand that some days we need to pick up sick children, attend family functions or balance post-graduate study.
The big difference is that we’re all very hands on. Given we’re a small team (there will be ten of us with the new team member on board), we get highly involved in our client’s campaigns, and there’s a holistic approach to marketing that means we’re always looking at the big picture and having to look at a range of social media and digital touch points to drive solutions. Digital, social, content and direct marketing are not seen in isolation.
The breadth of projects that we work on for our clients means that there’s great diversity at any given time. There’s always something new to learn, and a willingness from clients to implement strategic ideas across digital, social media and content marketing projects.
Like the sound of this role?
Please send your cover letter and resume to Trish Barry (firstname.lastname@example.org). If possible, please include links to any of your work portfolio as part of your application.
Australian candidates only who have necessary qualifications to work in Australia – no agencies please.